6.1 Throughout your use of our website, applications and the Online Content and Courses, you may be able to provide content to our website by uploading notes, replies, discussions, profile pages, other content and media for social interaction, written assignments, surveys, questions, hypothetical, examples, etc. (collectively, the “User Content”).
6.2 Ownership of User Content. We do not claim ownership of any User Content you may submit or make available for inclusion on our website, applications or the Online Content and Courses. Accordingly, subject to the rights granted to us and any applicable Course Provider, the User will be the sole and exclusive owner of any rights, title and interest in and to the User Content.
6.3 Concerning any User, Content you submit to us, or that is otherwise made available to us, you grant us irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free and non-exclusive rights to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display or otherwise exploit such User Content on our website, applications and/or in the Online Content and Courses, with the right to sublicense such rights for any purpose associated with the provision of our website, applications and the Online Content and Courses. We reserve the right to remove any User Content without notice at any time and for any reason.
6.4 To the extent that you provide any User Content, you represent and warrant that:
- 1. you have all necessary rights and/or clearances to provide such User Content and permit us to use and publish such User Content as provided in paragraphs 6.1 to 6.3 above;
- 2. such User Content is true, accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief;
- 3. as between you and us, you are responsible for the payment of any third-party fees related to the provision, publication and use of such User Content; and
- 4. such use and/or publication of your User Content does not and will not infringe or misappropriate any third party rights or constitute a fraudulent statement or misrepresentation.
6.5 Concerning any User Content submissions, you agree to comply with all applicable laws including but not limited to laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to abide by all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside.
6.6 Our website, applications and/or the Online Content and Courses may provide you with the ability to post notes and replies, participate in group discussions, submit assignments or send similar messages and communications to third-party service providers, other Learners and/or us.
6.7 You agree to use communication methods available on our website, applications and/or the Online Content and Courses only to send communications and materials related to the subject matter for which we (or any of our applicable client and/or partner) provided the communication method. You further agree that all such communications by you are subject to and governed by these Terms and the policies.
6.8 By using any of the communications methods available on our website, applications and/or the Online Content and Courses, you agree that:
- 1. all communications methods constitute public, and not private, means of communication between you and any other parties;
- 2. communications sent to or received from third-party service providers or other third parties are not endorsed, sponsored or approved by us in any manner (unless expressly stated otherwise by us); and
- 3. most content will be reactively-moderated if learners or visitors flagged. Still, we reserve the right to pre-review or post-review User Content to ensure that it complies with generally acceptable communication standards.
6.9 Additionally, through such communication methods set out in paragraph 6.8 above, we may make certain types of services available to you and allow you to communicate with our staff members.
6.10 You acknowledge and agree that the services set out in paragraphs 6.6 to 6.9 above (including without limitation chat room services) may be monitored or recorded for quality control purposes and that the information or material provided as part of the services is incorporated within these Terms and is provided for educational purposes only.